As always, the privacy and security of your personal information is our #1 priority, and we want you to be aware of how we collect and handle information on our site.
When you visit Bmobile.co.tt, we may collect the following information about your visit:
Anonymous statistics collected as you browse the site Personal information you knowingly give us.
What information does this Web site gather?
Telecommunications Services of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (hereinafter referred to as “Bmobile”) may collect personal information such as name, address, date of birth and e-mail address, when you knowingly provide it to us. In addition, Bmobile never collects or stores any customers credit card information. Our Web servers automatically collect statistical information about your visit such as pages visited and which browsers are used to visit our site. None of this information is associated with you as an individual (see information about cookies). We use these statistics to monitor our site’s performance and to enhance the service provided to you on our web site.
What happens when I provide information on this Web site?
When you supply information for a specific purpose, such as online ordering of a Bmobile service, we use the information for that purpose only.
When you use our Web site to order services, we may use this individually identifiable information as we would if obtained in a non-electronic manner. Such information may include:
- Publishing your name, address, and phone number in our directories (unless you have requested a non-published or non-listed number)
- Evaluating your service needs and contacting you regarding additional services you may find useful
- If the way we use personally identifiable information changes, Bmobile will contact you via e-mail notifying you of this change and giving you the opportunity to opt out of such use.
What happens when I provide information on registration forms?
When you choose to register with Bmobile.co.tt or any other Bmobile site, we request accurate contact information and preferences that help us better serve you. You will be able to choose if your contact information can be used to send you company and product information, special offers, and in some cases, newsletters.
Anytime you register with us you may:
- Elect not to receive (opt out) commercial e-mail messages. The primary purpose of these messages is the commercial advertisement or promotion of a Bmobile product or service. At any time after the initial registration, you can opt out by selecting the opt-out cancel option in your profile within the application itself.
- Update your contact information anytime by updating your account and your profile within the application.
In order to improve your experience with us, we may decide to improve our site’s ability to obtain information about users. We will update this privacy statement continually to ensure that you are aware of developments in this area.
Does Bmobile sell or give my information to non- Bmobile companies?
No. We do not sell or disclose individually identifiable information obtained online about our visitors to anyone outside of Bmobile. The only exceptions to this rule are the following:
- If you specifically authorize Bmobile to share your information with another company
- It is required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our Web site, disclosure is necessary to protect the safety of customers, employees, or property
- Publishing your name, address, and phone number in our directories if you initiate your telephone service with us online (unless you have requested a non-published or non-listed number)
On occasion, Bmobile shares non-personally identifiable information with non- Bmobile companies in order to assess the results of a promotion or event. This information is used in aggregate only, and does not contain any information that would personally identify you.
Does Bmobile accommodate links to other sites?
Yes. Our site contains links to other Web sites. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites. However, in some instances where a service is provided through a non- Bmobile partner or supplier site, you can feel confident that your individually identifiable information will be protected. Bmobile requires suppliers not to use the information for any purpose other than the purpose for which it was originally collected, protecting the privacy of your information.
What are Cookies?
A cookie is a small data string our server writes to your hard drive. This data string contains your unique user ID for our Web site. This technology also allows us to customize your experiences when you visit the Bmobile Web site. For example, we’re able to deliver content specific to your interests, keep track of your online ordering and alert you to new products or money saving opportunities based on your current services.
- Ensure that you see the correct products and pricing applicable to the state in which you live
- Manage the number of ads that you see to avoid over-delivery of the same message
- Tailor an advertisement to better match your interests and preferences