Need to Replace Your Key FOB Batteries?
How do key FOBs work?
Key fob remotes are compact and wireless. They are not rechargeable and is powered by a little lithium battery which can last for 2 – 3 years and are easy to replace without a professional.
When does the key fob battery need replacing?
– When the key fob transmitter loses it range as the key fob is pressed to ARM or DISARM
– Low, Dim or No red light on key fob
– A warning alert on the Control Panel flashing yellow lights
– Bmobile Security SMS Message Alert “BMOBILE SECURITY LOW BATTERY KEYFOB”
Changing the battery is not very difficult steps to follow:
- Remove backside screw and open the cover.
- Remove old battery and install new battery.
- Test the unit by momentarily pressing of the Transmit buttons. The LED should light. Put back the cover and reattach the screw.
Key Fob – Change Battery
Purchase new battery (which is usually sold at watch repair stores).
Contact bmobile Vigilance Alarm Centre @ 800-0688 if you require any further technical assistance available 24/7.