Visa Prepaid Card
Frequently Asked Questions
bmobile brings you, the “bmobile Visa Prepaid Card”, a secure electronic payment card backed by Republic Bank and Visa. Manage your spending with this cost effective prepaid card. Spend only what you have available! Use your card anywhere VISA is accepted – locally and internationally – at stores and online and at ATMs worldwide.
You can also top up your prepaid handsets and pay all TSTT Blink/bmobile bills via your bmobile prepaid card app.
Application forms available at the following locations:
TSTT Customer Service Centres
18 Park Street, Port of Spain
DSM Plaza, Chaguanas
Corner Green & Queen Streets, Arima
10 St. James Street, San Fernando
Eastern Main Road, St. Augustine
Peter’s Road, Point Fortin
Gulf City, Claude Noel Highway, Lowlands, Tobago
bmobile Retail Stores
1st Floor North Entrance, Trincity Mall, Trincity
Brian Lara Promenade, Port of Spain
West Wing, West Mall, Westmoorings
Cell Master bmobile Locations
Park Plaza, Corner Park & St. Vincent Streets, Port of Spain
City Gate, Port of Spain
Starlite Shopping Plaza, Diego Martin
One Woodbrook Place, Podium 4 C, Unit #15, 189 Tragarete Road, Woodbrook
11A Devenish Street, Arima
Corner Cacique & High Streets, Princes Town
54 High Street, Siparia
Building #3, Fernandes Industrial Centre, Eastern Main Road, Laventille
This exclusive card is available to ALL active bmobile customers ONLY; prepaid, postpaid and individuals registered under corporate plans.
Registering for the bmobile Visa Prepaid card is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Obtain application form (available at TSTT, Cell Master locations and Republic Bank branches)
- Get validated at bmobile – pay applicable card fee at any bmobile location.
- Submit completed application with 2 forms of valid ID and utility bill (WASA, FLOW, T&TEC, TSTT landline, Official Government Tax document – all not older than 3 months) and the validation/card fee payment from TSTT to a branch of Republic Bank near you.
If the Utility Bill is not registered in your name, you would be required to provide Republic Bank with:
- One valid identification in the name of the registered owner of the utility bill
- Letter from said registered owner of utility bill confirming that you reside at quoted address
The bmobile Visa Prepaid Card provides you with a multitude of benefits! Experience the security and convenience of a credit card PLUS have control and save.
- Control your spending
- Get special discounts at selected merchants
- Get easy access to funds to make everyday purchases
- Utilize the CHIP and PIN technology where accepted for added security
- Pay your bills and top up prepaid phones at your convenience
- Manage your kids’ allowances via the bmobile prepaid card app
- Local and international, in store and online shopping
- Download premium apps, music and games
Special Discounts at the following merchants are available to all bmobile Visa prepaid card holders:
Nigel R Khan
Caribbean Freight Logistics
Sellier’s Travel Service
Tropical Swimming Pools
Caribbean Protective Services
Grafton Beach Resort
Le Gran Courlan Spa Resort
The Spa at Le Gran Courlan
LOng Circular Health & Wellness
Sandy Point Village Hotel, Tobago
Summerland Suites, Tobago
Geroninmo’s Cycle & Sports Ltd
Buy The Corner
D Rite Stuff
Renew Star Serpentine Limited
El Dovin Limited (La Cantina Pizzeria)
6. Would I be required to undergo lengthy credit checks when applying for the bmobile Visa Prepaid Card?
Relevant bank checks must be conducted by Republic Bank.
One card would be allowed per TSTT/bmobile customer.
Only one card can be assigned to a TSTT/bmobile customer.
No Problem! SIMPLY make changes on your bmobile App (see bmobile Visa app instructions) and inform a TSTT CSR so that the necessary adjustment can be made on your card account.
10. Do I need to have an active account with Republic Bank to subscribe for a bmobile Visa Prepaid Card?
No, it is not necessary to have an active branch account with Republic Bank to obtain the bmobile Visa Prepaid Card.
Your NEW bmobile Visa Prepaid Card will be available within 15 working days after your application has been approved. You will be contacted by a Republic Bank Representative when your card is ready for collection at your preferred branch of Republic Bank.
You may contact Republic Bank Call Centre at 1-868-627-3348 for assistance.
Using your NEW bmobile Visa Prepaid Card is EASY. Because it is a prepaid card, spending is limited to your available balance. Each time you use the card, the purchase amount is automatically deducted from your card balance.
Visit any TSTT/bmobile, Cell Master or Republic Bank branch to load your bmobile Visa Prepaid Card.
No, your card is pre-activated and ready to be loaded upon collection.
To get cash at any ATM, simply
- Insert your card into the machine
- Enter the Personal Identification number (PIN). – Details on how to access your PIN via the bmobile prepaid card app are in your App User guide.
- Select “credit card” to make a withdrawal
- Enter the amount of cash you want to withdraw
When you receive the cash requested, remember to take your card and receipt.
Report lost or stolen cards immediately to Republic Bank Call Centre at 1-868-627-3348.
It is recommended that you note this contact number and keep it in a safe place in case both your card and the accompanying materials are lost or stolen.
You will then be required to visit a branch of Republic Bank to purchase a new card and transfer any funds from the old card at a cost.
See cardholder fees below.
CARHOLDER FEES (**VAT exclusive charges)
Charges may be waived or discounted by TSTT/bmobile during promotional periods.
*Cash Advances completed at Foreign ATMs are unknown and will be charged to the card balance.
Yes. Once your card is active, all outstanding fees would be deducted when you successfully load your card.
Yes. All bmobile Visa Prepaid Cards have an expiration period of 3 years, and the date is printed on the front of the card.
Your bmobile visa prepaid card carries the Visa logo, and you can use it anywhere Visa cards are accepted – locally, internationally in store and online shopping and at ATMs worldwide. Use your card at the millions of places that accept Visa cards including supermarkets, pharmacies, clothing stores, drug stores and more.
Some transactions are handled differently, so please keep the following scenarios in mind:
HOTELS – Some Hotels may put a “hold” on the amount of your estimated bill, making that amount unavailable for other purchases. When you checkout of the hotel, the “hold” may take a few days to be removed.
AUTO RENTALS -Similar to hotels, auto rentals may put a “hold” on the amount of your estimated bill.
PAYING BILLS – You can use your card to pay just about any one-time or recurring bill online or at the respective offices where Visa cards are accepted. Please remember to ensure you have sufficient funds to facilitate recurring bills.
bmobile gives you options! Load your bmobile Visa Prepaid Card:
- At bmobile locations and Cell Master stores – via linx or credit card ONLY
- At Republic Bank branches – via cash or debit from an existing Republic Bank account
Loads done at Republic Bank would be available in 2 working days.
Loads done at bmobile/Cell Master becomes available in 1 working day.
See card limit table below
Make sure you keep your bmobile Visa Prepaid card even after the balance is depleted, even if you decide not to load additional money on to it at the time, as you can continue to do loads and transactions until the card has expired. The physical card will also be required to facilitate any refunds on goods/services purchased using the card.
Making purchases with your bmobile VISA prepaid card is EASY. At the time of purchase, give the card to the Cashier and you will be asked to enter your PIN to complete the transaction. Each time you use your card, the purchase amount is automatically deducted from your card. Ensure you know your card balance before you shop, as merchants will not have this information.
Note: You will be required to swipe your card at terminals that are not Chip and PIN enabled and sign the sales slip. Some merchants may also request that you provide identification prior to acceptance of your card.
Online purchases may vary according to the different sites. When doing an online purchase ensure that you have close at hand:
- Card number (16 digits at front of card)
- CVV (3 digits at back of card)
- Expiration date on the front of the card
For all purchases if you try to use a greater value than is available on your card, the transaction would be declined.
If a transaction is declined, the merchant will advise you.
- Firstly, check your available balance via the bmobile prepaid card app.
- You may contact Republic Bank Call Centre at 1-868-627-3348 for further assistance.
The bmobile Visa Prepaid Card is accompanied by a specially designed Mobile App for your Smart phone with multiple functionalities:
- Wallet –
Balance of card: shows the real time available balance on your bmobile Visa Prepaid Card (less any loads done within the last 2 working days)
Last Transactions: shows the most recent transactions completed on your bmobile Visa Prepaid Card (less any loads done within the last 2 working days)
PIN: using a password provided, you can obtain your PIN for use at ATMs and at chip enabled Point of Sale terminals
- Top Up: Allows you, the user, to purchase top ups for friends and family and apply directly to their phones
- Bill Pay: Allows you to pay your Blink, TSTT and bmobile bills remotely. No more lines to pay!
From time to time there will be updates applied to the bmobile Prepaid Card App eco-system which will add further services and value added functionalities to your phone/card combo!
The bmobile Prepaid Card App can be downloaded via the Trinidad and Tobago iTunes Store and the Google Play Store.
Simply follow the instructions outlined in the bmobile App User Guide available at all bmobile Stores.
It is highly recommended that you download the bmobile Prepaid Card app to your Smart phone to experience the full capabilities of the bmobile Visa Prepaid Card.
Without the bmobile Prepaid card app, you would only have limited access to the many functions of your bmobile Visa Prepaid card. You would not be able to make purchases at merchants who are currently Chip and Pin enabled or obtain cash via ATMs as your PIN is only available via the app.
You can ONLY get your PIN via the bmobile prepaid card App. Customers must download the bmobile prepaid card App to their Smart phones and follow the on screen instructions to register for both the App and the Wallet itself to gain access to the PIN reminder option via the App.
33. From the bmobile prepaid card app would I be able to transfer funds from one bmobile visa prepaid card to another?
This function is not available at this time.
This function is not available at this time.
This function is not available at this time.
36. If my mobile phone is lost or stolen can the information stored within the bmobile prepaid card app be accessed by others?
Your app and Visa Wallet are password protected. You should select a password that is easy enough for you to remember, yet difficult for others to figure out. There is the option on your Smart phone to “remember password” to access the app. However, we recommend that you deselect upon login to ensure that others do not have access to your app.
After a successful bill payment via the app, an email will be generated. To query a payment, you will be required to print the email and visit a TSTT/bmobile store to lodge a query. The standard query procedure would apply.
You will be required to visit a bmobile retail store or call 824-8788. The standard query process would apply.
You would be required to:
- Visit any branch of Republic Bank
- Withdraw any available funds on the card less the applicable fee via the ATM or branch
- Notify the Republic Bank representative of your desire to cancel the card
If you have any queries with your bmobile Visa Prepaid Card, that cannot be resolved via the bmobile App, you can contact Republic Bank at 1-868-627-3348 (available on a 24/7 365 days) for assistance.
You will be required to contact Republic Bank at 1-868-627-3348 for assistance and you will be provided with a dispute form via email to complete and forward to any branch of Republic Bank for investigation. A dispute resolution can take up to 120 days and in the interim you will not have access to the disputed amount. Note that you must lodge a dispute within 30 days from the date of the transaction, failing which the dispute will not be acknowledged.
For more information speak to one of our Representatives on 824-TSTT